“Social interaction, social responsibility and growth of women in all areas of life.”
Founded in 1927 by women graduates, the University Women’s Club of Montreal…
- promotes self-learning through monthly dinner speakers,
- fosters friendship and camaraderie among like-minded women,
- encourages social interaction and leadership, and
- advocates to improve the status of women near and far.
UWCM is affiliated with Canadian Federation of University Women that holds special consultative status with the United Nations Social and Economic Council (ECOSOC). In turn, CFUW is a member of Graduate Women International that works to promote human rights, education, and social justice.
The club encourages fellowship and stimulates interest in current social issues with a goal to use our education and professional training to foster cultural, social and political awareness.
Our new team of directors are eagerly working to maintain club activities while we transition to the beautiful heritage building of the Atwater Library.
Recent past accomplishments
- Our bilingual publication Financial Literacy: Beginning the Conversation can be found on the Financial Consumer Agency of the Canada Database. It’s an outstanding guide accessible to all Canadian women’s centres, clubs and educational institutions.
- In 2017, we spearheaded the North American premier of Les Olympes de la Parole, an academic competition open to female high-school students. Involving teamwork, critical thinking, parental and community participation, this project uses a human-rights approach to reflect on a central theme of gender inequalities and its impact on empowering women and girls.
Are you new to the city, looking to learn something different or to occupy your spare time? Do you find yourself at a crossroads? Are you seeking to expand your interests, make new friends, give back through advocacy, and support higher education for women?
The Power of Women Working Together
La puissance au féminin: ensemble pour réussir