Why become a member?
UWCM members consist of a comprehensive network of professional women sharing diverse domains of expertise.
By becoming a member you will:
- Harness UWCM network to grow professionally and socially
- Socialize with like minded women
- Benefit from reciprocal privileges extended by university women’s clubs around the world
- Benefit from reciprocal privileges extended by the Atwater Club in 47 clubs across North America, Europe and Asia
- Benefit from services offered at preferential rates by our selected partners
- Serve in one of UWCM leadership positions
- Act as mentor
- Become empowered by taking actions that positively transform the lives of girls and women locally, nationally and internationally
- Promote education and lifelong learning for girls and women
- Use a human right approach to advocate for quality education for girls and women and for a gender equal society.
- Develop resolutions and promote policies that foster girls and women empowerment
- Support actions that prevent violence against women and girls
- Become a member of the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW). With its 8000 members and over 100 clubs across Canada, CFUW has special consultative status at the United Nations and is represented at the Canadian Commission for UNESCO. CFUW is also member of Graduate Women International (GWI), a global organization involved in advocating for women’s rights, equality and empowerment through access to quality secondary and tertiary education, and training up to the highest levels. GWI has independent and affiliate members in over 60 countries.
- Become eligible to represent CFUW at the UN
- And so much more….
- Learn from fellow members during informal social interactions.
- Learn from structured discussions engaged during Women’s Issues Interest Group meetings.
- Learn policies built from the Resolution Committee input.
- Learn from the various and pertinent themes covered by highly selected speakers during our monthly dinner meetings.
- Learn from our partners through collaborative activities.
- Learn from our scholarship recipients.
- Be part of the global UN dialogue by joining the CFUW annual delegation at the United Nations.
- Support CFUW retaining its special consultative status with the United Nations Social and Economic Council (ECOSOC) https://www.un.org/ecosoc/en
- Collaborate with community organizations locally, nationally and internationally.
- Raise money to provide scholarships for university and college education for girls and women.
- Raise money to support the fight against women’s poverty.
- Submit briefs to government bodies on several topics related to girls and women’s education, safety and health.
- Develop educational tools that promote lifelong learning, such as a Financial Literacy Kit.
- Blog on women’s issues
- Review and proposing Resolutions
- Strengthen the power of women transforming the world together!
Build local, national and international networks with like minded women leading to personal and professional growth and strengthen the power of women working together!
Annual fees are $265, due in January and payable in two installments.
A reduced fee of $100 is available to new members who apply after May 1 for the remainder of that calendar year.